[Read more…] about Android Mobile Phone Application Permissions
Your Path To Mobile App Development
What is Behind Your Mobile App?
To add the above image to your website, please copy and paste the code below.
Everyone, it seems, is interested in mobile apps. However, few people have a true understanding of the impact of these apps or how they work to promote a business, brand, product or individual. It is important to have a basic understanding of the scope of mobile apps so that you will understand how they can work for your business. Venturing into the mobile app field without this understanding can spell disaster and wasted advertising budget.
This infographic discusses interesting facts about mobile apps. Here are a few:
- 60 percent of apps have never been downloaded. People create apps every day that are not marketed properly, so many of them never receive the recognition they deserve. In many cases, users are not even aware that the app exists.
- It would take over $1 million to purchase every app available. There are too many apps available to buy them all, so consumers must make decisions based on the perceived value of various apps, especially apps that are not offered for free.
- Almost $6 billion is spent in mobile app advertising. This number is predicted to soar in the next few years as marketers become more aware of the power of apps. Even now apps represent one of the biggest marketing spends of any type of advertising.
- Facebook’s app has been downloaded almost two million times, making it one of the most popular apps on the planet. While you may not reach Facebook’s popularity, you can utilize the company’s platform for other forms of advertising through social media campaigns.
- The top 5 app developers spend over $50,000 in the first two weeks of their ad campaigns. The “big boys and girls” do not hesitate to market their apps or to spend money to ensure customers find them. They know that a new app will generate interest that will last long after the initial campaign and take advantage of this window of opportunity to place that app squarely in the public eye. Of course, they also continue marketing after the initial introduction, although not usually at the same level of intensity as during the first few weeks of a campaign.
The most popular categories of apps are:
- Games—17 percent
- Education—10 percent
- Entertainment—10 percent
- Books—9 percent
- Lifestyle—9 percent
- Other—40 percent
For the most part, business marketing lies in the 40 percent “other” range. About half of all apps are given free of charge, and about half have a minimal cost. Customers do not mind paying a small fee for an app they find useful, but they balk at paying for apps that are offered for free in similar versions. Charging for a common app can backfire and cause customers to go to your competitors who are offering these apps free of charge.
The experts at Bulletproof Digital can help you understand apps and how they can benefit your overall marketing strategy. Contact Bulletproof Digital today to find out how we can help you use apps to market your business and create brand recognition and loyalty for your product or service.